Yoli's World

Thursday, March 16, 2006

EQ

I apologise that it took me this long to post another blog. I was trying to settle into the training first, things have been very interesting and hectic. On my fisrt day of the internship training I lost my brother and I got distracted a little bit. Then I realised that I had to be strong because I believed that this was my only chance of ever getting into the world of work.

The second day of the Internship training we did was Emotional intelligence, and that was the day that I thought of not coming because of the emotions that I went through, however my parents encouraged me to come because there was actually nothing I could do, my father also went to work. I am glad that I decided to come to the training because that was the day I got to learn how to use my emotions intelligently. It worked only for few hours and when I went to fetch a taxi to take me home I recieved a call from a friend who wanted to know how my brother was doing after that accident, I had to retell the strory to her that he didn't make it, he had passed on. I went through the emotions of grief all over again and cried.

I'm glad though that I attended the training on Tuesday, and others that came after that, I'm now able handle my emotions a little, by focusing on the presentations, it makes me forget of what I am going through.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:20 AM, Blogger Celeste said…

    Hey Yoli

    I cannot begin to imagine the heartache you and your family must be feeling. I'm very sorry for this terrible incident. But I would also like to praise you for your strength and commitment. I have never met anyone who has handled such a tragedy like you have. Keep on being as stong as you are! And I know there is a bright future waitng for you. There is no chance that any employer could resist such a strong personality and drive like you have. Good luck! Celeste

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger Lebohang said…

    Sorry sister.

    If this were a test believe it or not, you have passed it. Maybe God was testint your strength emotional intelligence. No one in the seminar could tell you were going through such a difficult time. You will be alright with time.

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger yoli'sworld said…

    Hi Celeste

    Thank you for the vote of confidence, it really means a lot to me that you think I am a strong person. I hope the pain wil get better in time, and good luck to you too.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Cyrille Mutombo said…

    Hi Yoliswa,
    By attending all presentations last week, you have shown how strong you are and your abilities to coope did not betray you. That was a practical case you went through, far from assesment tests and quetionnaires. Believe me, what you overcome last week should always remaind you about your strength and high EQ.
    with deepest sympathy,
    Cyrille

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Roy Blumenthal said…

    I'm sending you love and light, Yoliswa. May this time be gentle for you.

    Blue skies
    love
    Roy

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Duke said…

    Hi Yoliswa

    I am very sorry about your brother, but as wise people would normally say that when you loose some one it means that you will gain more in life. As you know that I lost my father when I started working at AICC.

    Be strong and persevering my sister!

    Tshepo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home